ImageBase is a browsable and searchable database of images and related information (metadata). The current version of the database and original scripts were designed by Anthony Atkins and are maintained by Special Collections and University Archives.
Ordering Images from ImageBase
Please first read our Reproduction & Publication Policy.
To order images for personal and research use, complete a permissions/order form for this purpose.
To order images for publication or exhibition purposes, complete the permission/order form specifically for this purpose.
About the Logo
The ImageBase logo is a montage of representative images found in this database. From left to right, these images are
- Marva Felder, the first Black Homecoming Queen at Virginia Tech, and William Billups at Homecoming 1983
- Booker T. Washington speaking at the Christiansburg Institute, which he served as an advisor from 1896 to his death in 1915, ca. 1909
- Civil War drawing of Union soldiers fending off Confederate soldiers, ca. 1961
- Thai students at Virginia Tech during International Week 2002
- The first Huckleberry Train, Engine No. 2, in Blacksburg, Virginia, 1904
- Frontier Nursing Service staff in Kentucky, photographed by Earl Palmer, ca. 1940s-1950s